Children's Hospital Child Care Centre
The CHCCC is a ‘not for profit’ community organisation, situated on Level 5 of the Perth Children’s Hospital, in Nedlands.
This Centre has provided a valuable service to the Children’s Hospital and broader community since 1986. Our high quality care and education program values the diversity and individual needs of each child and their family.
Care and education is offered to children (0-6) and families from the community for work, study and respite purposes.
Priority is given to :
- children of hospital shift workers
- children with additional needs
- siblings of a child receiving treatment at PCH
- children at risk.
Our high quality care and education program offers:
- An individualised settling process to support a smooth transition to child care.
- Support for the continuation of breast feeding to Mothers returning to work.
- A primary care program to enable your child to form safe and secure relationships with our highly experienced educators.
- A Four year old Kindy Program provided by an Early Childhood Teacher
- An inclusion support program for children with additional needs supported by a Registered Nurse
- Experienced, mature and committed staff
Our educational program is based on the Early Years Learning Framework and values the children’s fundamental right to play and make choices.
We believe play is valuable to children’s learning as they explore, experience curiosity and wonder, expand their thinking, are challenged, problem solve and engage with others. Our educators encourage and support children to participate in meaningful play and use their knowledge to extend children’s learning and wellbeing.
(08) 6456 0501
Children’s Hospital Child Care Centre
Perth Children’s Hospital
15 Hospital Avenue,
Nedlands WA 6009
Monday – Friday 6:30AM – 6:00PM
(Please note the Centre will now open at 6:30am on a trial basis from the 22nd of October 2018)
We offer a centre tour on the last Wednesday of every month by appointment only.
The Children’s Hospital Child Care Centre Board of Management would like to acknowledge Lotterywest for the generous grant that supported the equipment & resources in establishing our beautiful Centre at the Perth Children’s Hospital.